Maid is a light comedy anime-themed tabletop role-playing game for three or more players. The very easy to learn rules-light system, complete with random events which drive the story forward, will have you playing the game with friends only fifteen minutes after opening the book. Maid is also the first ever Japanese role-playing game to be translated and released in English.
You are a maid, having worked dutifully for the Saionji family for several years. You are also a shy albino princess who does odd jobs for the yakuza, and train with the three-section staff. Your peer Maya is an outgoing young maid with freckles, a streak of being greedy for sweets, and who also happens to be a military cyborg.
Your master is a kind teenager who lives in the mansion alone, but is a bit of a train otaku. He is also a cursed werewolf. With amnesia.
Somewhere between doing the laundry and preparing lunch, the master is kidnapped by evil ninjas. They escape through the basement of the mansion, which contains a portal to the Netherworld. It's up to you to get him back before dinnertime.
All in a day's work for a maid!
Play in the modern comedy setting, or mix it up with 9 additional settings including Victorian era, old Edo period, fantasy and post-apocalypse; and 6 genres including romance, horror, and action. Due to the rules system and random events that form the backbone of the Maid RPG, the game practically runs itself: Go from opening the book to playing a game with friends within just minutes!
Three game styles in one: The traditional scenario-type; the random event-driven type; and the "favor race", a race to the master's heart!
*Make characters and start playing the game within minutes of opening the book. Everything about the game gears it for Fast Play, Now.
* Optional character types including player-character masters and butlers, and optional rules for seduction and romantic tragedy.
* 11 complete adventure scenarios.
* 3 complete "replays", actual play scenarios in screenplay format. Great for learning the feel of the game.
* Hundreds of optional items, costumes, genre and setting events, all presented in a way to easily bring them into the game!
* Combines the original Japanese core book and two supplements into one huge, complete edition of the game in English.